People from across the globe are coming to Canada with different purposes. Some to meet their families, others to participate in events or as tourists to visit this beautiful country. Find all your answers about Canada Visa on this page.
Canada Visa Types
Temporary Canada visa enables you to stay in Canada for a determined period of time (usually less than 6 months). Here we will introduce some important and useful types of Canada temporary visa.
- CanadaTourist Visa: Having tourist visa or visitor visa, enables you to enter Canada for the purpose of tourism.
- Canada Super Visa: This visa allows the parents and grandparents of the Canadian permanent residents or citizens come to Canada
- Diplomatic and Official Visa: Diploamts and officials from foreign countries can enter Canada using this type of Visa.
- Courtesy Visa: Those people who are not identified as officials or diplomats but due to their position are important people.
- Canada Business Visa: Individuals or groups who are traveling to canada with the purpose of business can obtain this visa.
- Visa to Give Birth in Canada: Pregnant women who are temporarily staying in Canada and want to give birth in the counrty can use this visa. Giving birth in Canada makes the baby automatically a Canadian citizen.
- Canada Student Visa: This type of visa is only issued for students that have an acceptance letter from a DLI in Canada. If you are going to study less than 6 months in Canada, then you need to apply for a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa). To read more CLICK HERE
- Canada Temporary Work Visa: People who want to work in Canada for up to 6 months and have a valid job offer letter from an employer in Canada can get this type of visa.
What is TRV?
A TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) which is also known as a visitor visa, is an official document that Canada visa office issues and shows that the owner of this document has satisfied the minimum requirements to temporarily stay in Canada. This visa can be issued for different purposes like work, study or a visitor.
What is eTA?
Visa exempt foreign nationalities who want to travel to Canada by air, should obtain eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization)
Canada Visa Requirements
According to the reports and surveys, the Canadian visitor visa refusal has been rising over the past 10 years due to the lack of finances, prove intent, provide supporting documents, meet health, security, or criminal admissibility standards.
The question is: “why a TRV application is rejected?”
There are many reasons that an applicant gets refused but one the most important reasons is, they can’t provide enough reasons to convince the visa officer for leaving Canada after visa expiration. To avoid this kind of refusal, applicants should include pieces of evidence that they do have a dedicated trip plan for their stay in Canada along with the enough funds for their cost of their trip and also strong ties to their country. In the following you can see a table showing the acceptance rate of temporary Canada visa during the last years.
Canada Visitor Visa FAQs
As we mentioned earlier, Canada visitor visa is a temporary visa. About temporary visas, applicants can stay up to 6 months in Canada which is extendable due to acceptable reasons.
Based on the CIC website, “To be eligible for a super visa, you must:
be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
have a signed letter from your child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:
a promise of financial support for the length of your visit
the list and number of people in the household of this person
a copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document
have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:
valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry
at least $100,000 emergency coverage
have proof that the medical insurance has been paid in full (quotes aren’t accepted)
You must also:
apply for a super visa from outside Canada
have your visa printed outside Canada (wait for visa office instructions)
be allowed to enter Canada
take an immigration medical exam
meet certain other conditions
You can’t include dependants in this application”.
You can change your visitor visa to study permit only you are admitted in one of the learning institution designated by CIC .
Yes, if you can get a job offer from a Canadian employer having a valid LMIA, you can change your TRV to work permit. Also, you can setup a consultation session with us to see the possibility of changing your visitor status by another stream such as: PNPs or Express-Entry
Due to the pandemic and delay in the processing of TRV files, the processing time for Canada visitor visa from outside Canada takes 129days which may change and returns to the normal process in the future as CIC promised.